Introduction of Police Force In Pakistan
The department of Police is to maintain the all kind of those activities which are directly or indirectly has the relation with crime. Crimes may be of different types Professional crimes, organized crimes or it may be accidental crime. The police department has the history that we are describing our user in very short words. The structure of policing in Mughal Era was well thought-out on the basis of land tenure. Landlords were responsible for pick up disturbers of the public peace and performing other policing duties. At the level of the village these functions were performed by the village headmen.
In large towns administration of the police was hand over to, functionaries called kotwals who fulfilled the combined duties of law enforcement, municipal administration and revenue collection. Patrol officers in the shape of village watchmen or patels in villages and peons, horse patrolmen and such other like men in the towns were present.
How to Join Police Force in Pakistan Punjab, KPK, Sindh, Balochistan, and Gilgit Baltistan
The Punjab Police played a significant part in handling the refugee crisis of 1947-48. It continued as a separate organization till 1955 when it was merged with the police of other provinces to create the West Pakistan Police. There were several attempts to review and reform police organization and performance during the 1950s and 60s which however could not be implemented.
The Sindh Police in pursuit of its mission believes in providing quality service with the highest possible degree of excellence, based upon the principles of fairness, integrity, honesty and respect for human dignity. Employees are reminded to familiarize themselves with the mission statement, statement of values and vision of success and to embrace these goals as we collectively strive to provide the most effective police service for our citizens.
KPK Police has the vision to promote a society free of crime and injustice & to protect lives properties and honor of the people maintain public order and enforce the laws of the land to the best of our ability and without any discrimination, through modern, proactive policing and community participation. Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Police will strive to uphold the following values promoting professionalism and trust.
- Excellence Accountability
Police Record and Office Management Information System, aimed at automating records at all police stations and offices was approved by the Federal Government in April 2005 with the total cost of 1.4 billion rupees, country Wide. National Police Bureau (NPB) was given the task of its execution. However, in 2006, the project was revised and the consultant Dialog Broadband (DBB) was selected; and IP Telephony System was added in the scope of the project. The network connectivity, from Dial-up to WiMax and Optic Fiber, was also added in the scope of work.
Gilgit Baltistan Police
The vision of the GB Police is to rise as a professional, service-oriented, accountable and corruption free organization. The GB Police is committed to strive to uphold core values like integrity, courage, loyalty and fairness in order to promote professionalism and win trust of the general masses.
There are three basic manner for joining police force in Pakistan
- Constable by departmental recruiting authority
- S.I / S.I / Inspector by Punjab public service commission
- S.P by federal public service commission
Eligibility Criteria & Selection Procedure for Joining Police Force In Pakistan As Constable, A.S.I, S.I, Inspector, Superintendent, ASP & DSP
|Constable(BPS-05)||17 to 25 years||5f,8i||32 to 33 1/2||Matric|
|A-S-I (BPS-09)||18 to 25 years||5f,8i||32 to 33 1/2||F-A|
|S-I (BPS-14)||18 to 25 years||5f,8i||32 to 33 1/2||B-A|
|Insp (BPS-16)||18 to 28 years||5f,8i||32 to 33 1/2||B-A|
Procedure of Recruitment Constable
- Physical test: The candidate has to cover the distance of 1.6 km within 6 minutes through long running on a certain date.
- Written test: The candidate has to pass written examination comprised ox M.C.Q and essay
- Medical examination: the candidates has to pass medical examination held in certain D.H.Q
- Interview: The passing candidates will be interviewed by recruity authority.
The successful candidates will be provided offer letters to join the police and after acceptance they will be sent on training for the period of I months. Later on they will join their duties according to the orders of commanding authority.
- Guideline: For the post of constable active and efficient persons are regular practice of body exercise and long running. For the preparation of written examination they should consult the basic Islamic studies, Pak Studies, Urdu, English and general knowledge. The books, in this regard, are available in market.
Procedure of Recruitment Upper Ranks
- Pre medical examination on certain date to confirm the eligibility of candidate at D.H.Q.
- Written test: One paper comprised on 100 M.C.Q (Pak affairs, Islamiyat, Urdu General knowledge, English)
- Interview: comprised on verbal viva
- The passing candidates will be provided offer latter and after acceptance, they will be on training for the period of 1 year. After training they will join their duties as per the requirement of the department.
- The allocation for the post of A.S.P is held by F.P.S.C on the behalf of central government. The candidate has to pass the competitive examination for “central superior services” (C.S.S). After qualifying the examination, the candidate will be allocated for the post of A.S.P. by F.P.S.C in police services of Pakistan.